1. New English-Chinese Dictionary hasbeen republished several times,_____ more up to date than the last edition.
2. After paying 1,000 dollars_____ ,you'll all become full members of our club.
3._____ was her cruelty that we all hated her.
4. Mary has been ill in bed for a week. I wonder if she is _____ better now.
5. -Which of these two ties will you take?
-I don't like these. Do you have any_____ ?
6. I' d rather ride a bike as bike riding has _____ of the trouble of takingbuses.
7. I need some blue ink today but there is _____ at hand.
C. a little
8. I found the very watch of mine _____ I had left _____ .
B. that, it
C. which, one
9. I haven't got time to get the tickets. Who's going to ____?
B. do it
C. buy it
D. do them
10. -Jack certainly has a high opinion of Susan.
-It can't be better than _____of him.
11. -Shall we introduce ____ fire-fighting equipment from abroad?
-Go ahead, if necessary.
B. a few more
D. some other
12. -How about the price of these refrigerators?
-They are equal in price to, if not cheaper than,_____ atthe other stores.
D. the ones
13. -I dislike _____ when others laugh at me in public or speak ill of mebehind. -So do I.
14. -Which do you prefer, classical music or pop music?
-_____. I prefer folk music.
15. Why don' t you trust and use old Tom? He is still as strong as _____ in theteam.
B. anybody else
D. somebody else
16. -Are the new methods taking any effect?
-Yes,_____articles are stolen from our supermarket.
17. During the meeting a young man cried out suddenly and threw his notebook atthe chairman,_____ brought the room to disorder.
B. and which
C. and that
18. I've just seen no more than one copy of Gone with the Wind in the bookshopopposite. Tom, go and buy_____ back.
19. -Do you have _____ at home now?
-No, westill have to get scores of eggs and some vegetables.
20. Nancy isexpecting another baby and hopes _____ will be a boy.
21. Surely it's _____ with the big nose you mean, not ____!
B. him, me
C. him, I
22. The temperature can fall to –30℃._____ is,30°C below freezing point.
23. -The exam was easy, wasn't it?
-Yes, but I don' t think _____ could pass it.
24. Cut the apple into halves so that the twins may each get _____ half.
25. _____ of us can do everything, but all of us can do _____ .
B. Some, everything
C. Few, something
26. -May I help you with some gloves, sir?
-Yes, I'd like to try those blue ____.
27. Of all my friends _____ will be able to persuade Tom to change his mind. Heis so firm upon it.
28. -Is he content to accept our offered price?
-Yes. He cares more about the quality. Money is _____to him.
29. I have no idea which was better, so I took ____ of them.
30. You mustn't always do_____as he asks you to do. He may be wrongsometimes.
1.D 2. A 3. D 4. C 5. D 6. D 7. D 8. A 9. B 10. A 11. D 12. D 13. C 14. D 15. B16. A 17. C 18. C 19. B 20. C21. B 22. C 23. B 24. D 25. A 26. B 27. A 28. C29. A 30. D